What is Artist Alley?
Arist Alley is a space dedicated to the promotion of visual artists. The participants of Artist Alley have the opportunity to create directly at our convention and to gain valuable experience in the process. Each one will receive a fully outfitted booth at their disposal to sell any products of their work ranging from prints to badges and much more.
This year’s Artist Alley is sponsored by a website with similar goals, Cosmangacraft.com, offering exclusive products featuring cosplay and illustrated art straight from the creators.
- Each participant receives a 1,2 × 0,6 m desk, a display board, an extension cord and a lamp.
- Each participant is required to notify us in advance regarding the times they intend to spend at their booth. This information helps us when we arrange the Artist Alley time table and when we pick the candidates.
- Participants take care of the production of their posters, badges, bookmarks and other merchandise independently. However, it is possible to negotiate deals with Cosmangacraft.com, which offers wide range of interesting printing options. (It is possible to have them shipped to the expo grounds directly)
- Artist Alley will be located around the Rotunda dome passage, just as last year.
- Fan Art is allowed.
- „Tracing“ is strictly against the philosophy of Artist Alley and may be the basis for expelling a creator from their booth.
How to enrol?
Simply send us an e-mail containing the following information:
- Full legal name (for identification)
- Nickname (you will be listed under this title)
- Rough estimate of the time you intend to spend at your booth
- Portfolio of your work, ideally a link to a DeviantArt or other page
- 2-3 sentence bio, that might be posted to the Animefest website for promotion
Since the capacity of Artist Alley is limited, we may only pick several people during the initial round. However, once the selection is announced, the rest will have a chance to compete for paid booths in the second round. Fee for the second round of booths is symbolical 250 Kč with no other selection process. It is simply “first come first served” up to full capacity. Both types of booths include a free entry for the convention.
Feel free to send in your enrolments or any additional questions till 12th of February to [email protected].